From Laura Neimark-gizara <>
Subject Re: crashing
Date Tue, 30 Oct 2012 16:26:54 GMT
I am supposed to be deleted stop sending me stuff!!!!!!!
Laura Neimark-Gizara, LCSW
(530) 416-9444
(541) 306-3710

 From: Keith N. McKenna <>
Sent: Tuesday, October 30, 2012 9:17 AM
Subject: Re: crashing wrote:
> Hi, I'm having the same problem since updating to v3.4.1.  I read a
> thread on this forum over the weekend suggesting that it could be caused
> by a corrupted user profile.
> I am sure that it is because of the recent update.  I did not upgrade
> until v3.4.1 was available so went from v3.3 straight to v3.4.1 although
> I don't see why this should have corrupted my user profile.
> Regards
> Geoffrey Williams
> -----Original Message----- From: john foley
> Sent: Monday, October 29, 2012 3:35 PM
> Subject: crashing
> I've been using Open Office with no problem for a while but recently I've
> been having a problem.  The document opens and I'm able to scroll down for
> a half-page before the program freezes.  The recovery process seems to work
> but the program freezes again at about the same point in the process.  I've
> tried sending error reports with no results.  Thank you, John Foley

To further explain the issue; Please read the Release Notes:

Apache OpenOffice 3.4.0 and 3.4.1 manage the user profile differently than previous versions.
The old user profile is automatically converted so that users can keep their extensions and
settings. In a minority of cases, especially with highly customized profiles (many extensions
or customizations) the conversion doesn't succeed. Common symptoms are: frequent application
crashes, problems with dictionaries or thesaurus, OpenOffice starting and crashing after a
few seconds. To solve this, just reset/rename your user profile as explained in the official
OpenOffice forum.

Keith McKenna

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail: