From Alexander Thurgood <alex.thurg...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Connecting to MySQL problem.
Date Wed, 26 Sep 2012 17:11:45 GMT
Le 26/09/12 16:53, Alexander Thurgood a écrit :

> and images aren't supported by the JDBC driver, only the native
> Connector C++ driver.

Correction : images are supported by the JDBC driver, but their size is
limited by :

- the field definition, i.e. LONGVARCHAR(binary), BLOB type (MEDIUM,
LARGE, etc) ;

- the MAX_ALLOWED_PACKET setting in the my.cnf server configuration
settings.

I should have said that videos, instead of images, are not supported by
the JDBC driver, at least not to my knowledge.

Even with images, you will not see the binary string representation in
the table if you open the table. You can only add images to the table
via a form that you would have to create.

Alex