From Hans van der Ven <hans...@optonline.net>
Subject Re: Installation problem
Date Wed, 26 Sep 2012 14:24:16 GMT
Larry,
Thank you for your prompt reply. Your advice works and I prefer the Open office spreadsheet
to the Apple Numbers spreadsheet since it allows me to use more of the excel functions such
as split windows.
Hans

On Sep 25, 2012, at 5:32 PM, Larry Gusaas <larry.gusaas@gmail.com> wrote:

> On 2012-09-25 3:19 PM Hans van der Ven wrote:
>> When I try to install Apache Openoffice 3.4.1 on my MacBook Pro I get the error message:
"Openoffice.org" can't be opened because it is from an unidentified developer.
>> How do I solve this problem?
>> hvdv
>
> From the release notes for AOO 3.4.1:
>
>   Apache OpenOffice 3.4.0 and 3.4.1 will be flagged by the new Gatekeeper facility in
OS X
>   Mountain Lion. This is a new feature to help guard against malware on Mac systems.
There is
>   a procedure laid out at the following link to allow applications not installed from
the Mac
>   App store to run. See the article at Mac support at http://support.apple.com/kb/HT5290.
>

> --
>
> Larry I. Gusaas
> Moose Jaw, Saskatchewan Canada
> Website: http://larry-gusaas.com
> "An artist is never ahead of his time but most people are far behind theirs." - Edgard
Varese