From Ennio Sr <nasr.la...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Spreadsheet links: 1 out of 7 not working...
Date Thu, 06 Sep 2012 14:30:14 GMT
Hi Dan,
thanks for your reply: it does not solve the problem I encounter but
gave me useful suggestions. There are a few points I've doubts about:

On Wed, Sep 5, 2012 at 9:02 PM, Dan Lewis <elderdanlewis@gmail.com> wrote:
> Ennio Sr wrote:
>> [...]
>  [...]
>      However, an even better solution is using a database. Have the raw data
> in the sheets and use Base to connect to the spreadsheet. Create the queries
> in the database file instead of using spreadsheet functions.
>      Very likely all of the sheets could be combined into a single sheet by
> adding one more column: the name of the bank account to which that row's
> data belongs.

Are you still referring to Calc? (If yes, I do have a spreadsheet with
all 7 sheets)

>      I had an embedded database

Maybe I must learn Base to understand what this means?

> containing all my financial information for
> 9 accounts. (Then I learned that I could lose data that way,

That's awful to ear! Do you mean you could lose some or all of your
data contained in the different sheets kept in one single spreadsheet?

> so I now keep
> it in a MySQL backend using Base for the frontend.) It did take some
> planning and designing, but it is well worth the time spent.

Did you 'physically'  transfer/imported your files so as to create MySQL tables?

Regards, Ennio

--
[Perche' usare Win$ozz (dico io) se ..."anche uno sciocco sa farlo.   \\?//
 Fa' qualche cosa di cui non sei capace!"  (diceva Henry Miller) ]    (°|°)