From Brian Barker <b.m.bar...@btinternet.com>
Subject Re: Links to other spreadsheet not always working?
Date Mon, 10 Sep 2012 21:33:04 GMT
At 18:37 10/09/2012 +0200, Ennio Sr wrote:
>On Mon, Sep 10, 2012 at 8:41 AM, Brian Barker wrote:
>>At 16:26 08/09/2012 +0200, Ennio Sr wrote:
>>>Sorry to come back to an issue already raised in a post a few days
>>>ago, but either I'm doing something very stupid or it might be a
>>>bug.  Working with ooo-build 3.2.1.4. Debian package
>>>1:3.2-1-11+squeeze7 I found out that a link to another spreadsheet
>>>might not work when the latter is less than a very simple ss.
>>>
>>>On my PC, crossed links between First.ods and Second.ods work,
>>>whereas neither of the two would get the link to the bank_short.ods...
>>
>>Er, that's because the reference in First.ods is to bank.ods,
>>whereas the file you have supplied is (as you say) actually titled
>>bank_short.ods.  The reference is also to the containing folder
>>instead of to the folder of the other files, but it may be that
>>this is where your file resides.  (You didn't explain that.)
>
>Unfortunately, at my end the link is not working: ...

I know!  And I told you why.

>I can assure you that all three files are in the same dir ...

Good-oh!  In that case, the reference in First.ods to bank.ods is doubly wrong.

>If they work on your PC, ...

What?!  Where did that come from?  I made no suggestion that your
link worked: on the contrary, I explained why it didn't!

I say again: in the copy of First.ods you posted, the rogue link was
to a file called bank.ods in the parent directory.  You provided no
file called bank.ods; instead you provided a file called
bank_short.ods which you now confirm is in the same directory.  Your
link will not work until you correct it to address the actual file.

Brian Barker