From Regina Henschel <rb.hensc...@t-online.de>
Subject Re: "Anchor to......" in ooo writer
Date Sat, 29 Sep 2012 17:37:32 GMT
Hi David,

Patrons schrieb:
> Pleasecan anyone help?
>
> I have sent this message three times over the last 8 weeks to
> ooo-users@incubator.apache but have not received any response.   If I am
> doing something wrong, please could someone tell me what I am doing
> wrong and what I should do to get a response???

With a search in my mails I finally found your post. You have not made a
new post, but wrote into an existing thread. Each mail has an internal
number, which identifies the mail. This number is included in the answer
and so your mail was not treated as "new" mail, but as answer to a very
different thread and not noticed.

Put the address ooo-users@incubator.apache.org into your address book,
then it is easier to write a new mail.

> I have been creating a 16 page brochure for my company.   This has
> involved copying background picturesand text boxes with shaded, partly
> transparent backgrounds etc.

Copy from where to where?

    I had to move backgrounds from one page
> to another but each time,

Perhaps you do not mean "background"? A background is part of the page
style. You mean a picture with lays behind the text?

  the "anchor to" became a major problem as it
> changed to paragraph every time it was moved to another file

Moving an anchor to another _file_? I do not understand.

  and each
> item has to be manually changed to "page" in order to enable me to put
> the item where I wanted it on the page, which was very time consuming.

For a flyer "anchor to page" is OK, but for a 16 page long text, I think
it is not the best way of anchoring.

> Is there a way to either set this permanently "Anchor to Page" or
> deactivate it for the current session?

When you insert the picture from file, you can choose the style
"watermark", which will anchor the picture to page.

If you use the clipboard and copy/paste inside the document or from
odt-file to odt-file, the anchor type is preserved. Are you using
another file type for your brochure?

Kind regards
Regina