From Dan Lewis <elderdanle...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: "Anchor to......" in ooo writer
Date Sat, 29 Sep 2012 14:41:58 GMT
On 09/29/2012 09:35 AM, Patrons wrote:
> Pleasecan anyone help?
>
> I have sent this message three times over the last 8 weeks to
> ooo-users@incubator.apache but have not received any response. If I am
> doing something wrong, please could someone tell me what I am doing
> wrong and what I should do to get a response???
>
> I have been creating a 16 page brochure for my company.   This has
> involved copying background picturesand text boxes with shaded, partly
> transparent backgrounds etc.   I had to move backgrounds from one page
> to another but each time, the "anchor to" became a major problem as it
> changed to paragraph every time it was moved to another file and each
> item has to be manually changed to "page" in order to enable me to put
> the item where I wanted it on the page, which was very time consuming.
>
> Is there a way to either set this permanently "Anchor to Page" or
> deactivate it for the current session?
>
> Kind regards
>
> David
       Could you please be more specific in what this brochures
contains? Your description of what is contained in these boxes is rather
general in nature. For example this phrase: "background picture and text
boxes with shaded, partially transparent backgrounds, etc." Then you
mention having to move a background. What background do you mean? You
have already mentioned the term background twice.
      When I anchor things, I use "anchor as character" in an empty
paragraph. With this, I can keep a given figure next to the text with
which it is associated. If I need to move it from one page to another, I
create an empty paragraph where I want to move the figure. Then I the
cut and paste it. (It pastes anchored as a character.)
      When I anchor a figure, frame, or table, I create a paragraph
style for the empty paragraph. I define the style so that the object is
placed horizontally where I want it.

--Dan