From Joost Andrae <Joost.And...@gmx.de>
Subject Re: [UX][DISCUSS] Default Document Border
Date Fri, 28 Sep 2012 15:07:49 GMT
Hi Kevin,

the principles behind the Writer UI are WYSIWYG so including corner
marks could destroy this principle. Page borders depend on the printer
driver settings. If you use a printer driver that allows the use of 0"
border then you can use it. To check the driver's setting just open the
"Page" tabpage within the format page dialog and put your cursor into
the page margins spinboxes and use PgUp/PgDown to see the borders
allowed by the printer driver settings. If you really want such corner
marks then it should be a configurable setting of the "control
character" mode that you can switch on within the "Standard" function bar.

> As for a solution, I feel that we could we could remove the default full
> frame page boundary, and provide the corner marks as seen in Symphony UI.
> We could also provide display preferences for users to select no frame,
> corners only (a la Symphony), or full frame. Heck the user could even
> select the frame colour or page background if so desired.

Kind regards, Joost