From Reizinger Zoltán <zreizin...@hdsnet.hu>
Subject Re: Connecting to MySQL problem.
Date Wed, 26 Sep 2012 13:23:53 GMT
2012.09.26. 15:06 keltezéssel, Ian Whitfield írta:

> On 09/26/2012 01:59 PM, Reizinger Zoltán wrote:
>> Your PCLinuxOS 64 or 32 bit version?
>> You created a user in MySQL which you will use?
>> You have a database in MySQL which you will use?
>>
>> Try other driver if you not succed:
>> Download native driver 32 or 64 bit version which is good for your
>> linux:
>> http://code.google.com/a/apache-extras.org/p/aoo-my-sdbc/downloads/list
>> Add extension, restart AOO.
>> Create new odb file, select MySQL in existing database.
>> Add your server, database:
>> http://wiki.openoffice.org/wiki/Database/Drivers/MySQL_Native/1.0
>> Zoltan
> Thanks again Zoltan
>
> My Linux is 32-bit and as I mentioned in my first post I created a DB
> on my WebServer and pulled it down to my computer here.
>
> Created a new user in MySQL - NO!! How do I do this and at the moment
> can't get past the connector problem!!
You needs this out Base directly in MYSQL:
This shows how to create database and user in mySQL.

> I downloaded the AOO Driver you suggested and it installed as a
> Extension.
> If I now try to connect to my DB it says "The connection to the data
> source 'Filename.sql' could not be established.
Forget it for short time, the .sql files contain only webserver table
structure and no data. It can not be used within Base without further
works, after connection creation.
Select third option, described in sended second wiki page.

> The driver class 'com.mysql.jbc.Driver' could not be loaded."

It needs only in JDBC case, it shows something wrong with the driver,
download older JDBC driver and try it, first remove the defect one from
classes.
> If I try to create a new DB it only gives me the option of ODF!!
Create Database in MySQL.
Zoltan