From Ian Whitfield <whitfi...@telkomsa.net>
Subject Re: Connecting to MySQL problem.
Date Wed, 26 Sep 2012 13:06:49 GMT

On 09/26/2012 01:59 PM, Reizinger Zoltán wrote:
> Your PCLinuxOS 64 or 32 bit version?
> You created a user in MySQL which you will use?
> You have a database in MySQL which you will use?
>
> Try other driver if you not succed:
> Download native driver 32 or 64 bit version which is good for your
> linux:
> http://code.google.com/a/apache-extras.org/p/aoo-my-sdbc/downloads/list
> Add extension, restart AOO.
> Create new odb file, select MySQL in existing database.
> Add your server, database:
> http://wiki.openoffice.org/wiki/Database/Drivers/MySQL_Native/1.0
> Zoltan
Thanks again Zoltan

My Linux is 32-bit and as I mentioned in my first post I created a DB on
my WebServer and pulled it down to my computer here.

Created a new user in MySQL - NO!! How do I do this and at the moment
can't get past the connector problem!!

I downloaded the AOO Driver you suggested and it installed as a Extension.
If I now try to connect to my DB it says "The connection to the data
source 'Filename.sql' could not be established. The driver class
'com.mysql.jbc.Driver' could not be loaded."

If I try to create a new DB it only gives me the option of ODF!!

IanW
Pretoria SA