From Reizinger Zoltán <zreizin...@hdsnet.hu>
Subject Re: Connecting to MySQL problem.
Date Wed, 26 Sep 2012 11:59:12 GMT
2012.09.26. 13:22 keltezéssel, Ian Whitfield írta:
> On 09/26/2012 01:10 PM, Reizinger Zoltán wrote:
>> 2012.09.26. 12:46 keltezéssel, Ian Whitfield írta:
>>> Hi All - Can anyone help me out please!!??
>>>
>>> I want to transfer my Database from the embedded DB to a MySQL DB.
>>> I'm using PCLinuxOS 2012 and AOO 3.4.0.
>> Follow this, for creation database connection:
>> http://wiki.openoffice.org/wiki/Connect_MySQLandBase
>
> Thanks Zoltan
>
> But this _IS_ the page I have been using!!!!
>
> It gives no indication of any error message or any notes on what to do
> if you get such a message at this stage of the connection.
Your PCLinuxOS 64 or 32 bit version?
You created a user in MySQL which you will use?
You have a database in MySQL which you will use?

Try other driver if you not succed:
Download native driver 32 or 64 bit version which is good for your
linux:
http://code.google.com/a/apache-extras.org/p/aoo-my-sdbc/downloads/list
Add extension, restart AOO.
Create new odb file, select MySQL in existing database.
Add your server, database:
http://wiki.openoffice.org/wiki/Database/Drivers/MySQL_Native/1.0
Zoltan