From Ian Whitfield <whitfi...@telkomsa.net>
Subject Connecting to MySQL problem.
Date Wed, 26 Sep 2012 10:46:52 GMT
Hi All - Can anyone help me out please!!??

I want to transfer my Database from the embedded DB to a MySQL DB. I'm
using PCLinuxOS 2012 and AOO 3.4.0.

  * I Created a new empty SQL DB on my WebServer, with all my fields,
    using phpMySQLAdmin.
  * I exported this DB back to my home computer. It comes out as a
    'filename.sql' and seems to be a text document. (If I "open" this
    file it opens in my HTML Editor!!)
  * I downloaded and extracted 'mysql-connector-java-5.1.22.tar.gz'.
    After extraction I have 'mysql-connector-java-5.1.22-bin.jar' in a
    folder '/home/ian/Database'.
  * I have MySQL loaded and the service IS running. (Checked with
    Control Center)
  * I DO have Java installed with Office (Sun Microsystems 1.6.0_21)
  * I start Base and select 'Connect to existing DB' - JDBC
  * Under Datasource I select the above 'Filename.sql' file.
  * Under JDBC Class I select
    '/home/ian/Database/mysql-connector-java-5.1.22-bin.jar'
  * I select 'Test Class' and get the error "The JDBC Driver could not
    be loaded".

Where is the problem and how do I get round it??

My requirements are a single user on a single machine!!

Also what other problems am I likely to come across as I proceed?

Thanks for any help.

IanW
Pretoria SA