From Dan Lewis <elderdanle...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Control Properties in a Base form
Date Mon, 24 Sep 2012 17:02:14 GMT
> Hi Dan,
>
> On Fri, Sep 21, 2012 at 11:57:28AM -0400, Dan Lewis wrote:
>>        I have a Base database form that I am editing the properties
>> of its controls (labels and fields). I am using the Control tool to
>> open the Properties dialog. In the /General/ tab near the bottom are
>> some properties that I do not understand.
>>       Below is a copy of what the Help  has for the /Help URL/
>> property. I have no idea what this phrase means: /Specifies a batch
>> label in URL spelling/. An example of how this works would be nice,
>> specifically the format used for the URL.
>>

>>     Help URL
>>
>> Specifies a batch label in URL spelling which refers to a help
>> document and which can be called with the help of the control field.
>> The help for the control field help can be opened if the focus is
>> positioned on the control field and the user presses F1.
> It's basically an URL that AOO Help can understand: it can be a "UNO
> Command", a help url pointing to a help file on the Online Help, a help
> url for help installed by an extension, etc. See the example on
> http://people.apache.org/~arielch/Forms_HelpURL.odt
>

> Regards
      Thanks for the link. It does clear things up a little bit even if
it does not make any sense to me because I know absolutely nothing about
UNO. It seems that this property of a control would not be useful to
anyone who does not understand UNO and perhaps BASIC. So, explanation of
this property of a control will not appear in the documentation until
someone who understand these computer languages writes it.

--Dan