From Dan Lewis <elderdanle...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: THANK YOU!
Date Sun, 23 Sep 2012 15:14:36 GMT
On 09/23/2012 10:54 AM, pierre.rausch@tango.lu wrote:

> Can I buy your book?
>
> On Sun, 23 Sep 2012 00:22:29 -0400, William
> Mosley wrote:
>
>> If this message reaches the wrong person, please
> direct it to the proper contact. TY.
>> I wrote my first book OO --
> and hated it. When I reached 67,000 words, I had to split the book into
> two sections and save them as part 1 and part 2. OO would freeze up
> often and I would lose valuable work each time. It happened with such
> regularity that I thought of forsaking the OO suite and submitting to
> the Microsoft. What sucked worse is that, since OO is free, I really
> couldn't complain. I mean, I could, but who would have the balls to tell
> someone, "Hey! This free gift you gave me sucks ass!" That's not my
> style.
>> But with the release of OO 3.4, my problems are a thing of
> the past. Once again, I LOVE OO!!! Currently, I don't not have the money
> to support the project, but when I do, I will gladly contribute!
>
> KEEP UP THE FANTASTIC WORK!
>> William Mosley

      Have you learned how to use Master Book for tasks like writing
books like yours? This will permit you to write the chapters of the book
in separate ODT files. Master Book then puts all the chapters into one unit.
      A couple of other possibilities are:  your computer may need more
RAM, or you should change the settings in Tools -> Options ->
OpenOffice.org -> Memory.
      Here are the Memory settings that I use when writing long
documents: Number of steps, 20; Use for OpenOffice.org, 256 MB; Memory
per object, 1 MB; Remove from Memory after, 1:00 (1 hour); Number of
objects, 252. I use quite a few graphics in my writing, and that is the
reason for the object settings. If you don't use graphics, you could
probably reduce the settings for objects.

--Dan