From Hagar Delest <hagar.del...@laposte.net>
Subject Re: OpenOffice unable to restore file or open it
Date Tue, 04 Sep 2012 18:50:38 GMT
I doubt there is a link with the profile since the file strucutre seems to be wrecked.
Rod is not alone, we have several topics about similar cases. Especially the one with the
hashes (but slightly different, this last one dealing with power shortage in most cases):
http://forum.openoffice.org/en/forum/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=17677

I honestly think that the save process in AOO is not robust enough for an application that
important for users (risk of data loss). I agree that there is no application that don't have
bugs but the process of saving a file safely is not that complicated and it had never be a
problem with older 2.x versions.
I've never faced myself such bug (on Ubuntu, XP, W2k and Vista with relative intensive use)
but of course the backup copy option is activated and I make backups. It may be linked to
some corner cases...

Hagar