From Dave Fisher <dave2w...@comcast.net>
Subject Re: THANK YOU! - Installation Trouble
Date Sun, 23 Sep 2012 18:36:46 GMT
You might try to search for answers to your trouble on the user forums at forum.openoffice.org

If no answers are found try asking there.

My suspicion is that you need to install as sysadmin on your computer.

BTW - it is considered to be poor form to hijack a thread and most people don't respond.

Regards,
Dave

Sent from my iPhone

On Sep 23, 2012, at 8:08 AM, "Monica" <medwards@cogeco.ca> wrote:

> i joined this group hoping i would get help with a problem i have been having since mid
august, but all i have received is emails about other peoples problems being fixed, perhaps
i submitted my question wrong 4 or 5 times, but if you did a book on ths program perhaps you
could help

> this is the error message i am getting any suggestions - i have tried uninstalling and
reinstalling but it has not helped

> OpenOffice.org 3.4.1 - Fatal Error
>
> The application cannot be started.
> OpenOffice.org user installation could not be processed due to missing access rights.
 Please make sure that you have sufficient access tights for the following location and restart
OpenOffice.org:

> C:\Users\Rob\AppData\Roaming\OpenOffice.org\3
>
> if you have any thoughts please share thanks monica!!
>

> ----- Original Message ----- From: "William Mosley" <williammosley@hotmail.com>

the book into two sections and save them as part 1 and part 2. OO would freeze up often and
I would lose valuable work each time. It happened with such regularity that I thought of forsaking
the OO suite and submitting to the Microsoft. What sucked worse is that, since OO is free,
I really couldn't complain. I mean, I could, but who would have the balls to tell someone,
"Hey! This free gift you gave me sucks ass!" That's not my style.

> But with the release of OO 3.4, my problems are a thing of the past. Once again, I LOVE
OO!!! Currently, I don't not have the money to support the project, but when I do, I will
gladly contribute!