From Ariel Constenla-Haile <arie...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Control Properties in a Base form
Date Mon, 24 Sep 2012 17:30:41 GMT
Hi Dan,

On Mon, Sep 24, 2012 at 01:02:14PM -0400, Dan Lewis wrote:
> >It's basically an URL that AOO Help can understand: it can be a "UNO
> >Command", a help url pointing to a help file on the Online Help, a help
> >url for help installed by an extension, etc. See the example on
> >http://people.apache.org/~arielch/Forms_HelpURL.odt
> >
>      Thanks for the link. It does clear things up a little bit even
> if it does not make any sense to me because I know absolutely
> nothing about UNO. It seems that this property of a control would
> not be useful to anyone who does not understand UNO and perhaps
> BASIC. So, explanation of this property of a control will not appear
> in the documentation until someone who understand these computer
> languages writes it.

Yes, it doesn't make much sense on a form inside a document. The context
where it makes sense is in the dialog editor: extension developers can
fill that "Help URL" so that when their users press F1, the extension
help is displayed. I guess that on a form inside a document, this
property only confuses users, and the explanation on the Online Help is
rather cryptic.

Regards
--
Ariel Constenla-Haile