From NoOp <gl...@sbcglobal.net>
Subject Re: ATTENTION ROB [Recent 3.4.1 release]
Date Sun, 26 Aug 2012 22:53:45 GMT
On 08/24/2012 11:59 AM, Dan wrote:
> Rory O'Farrell wrote:
>> On Fri, 24 Aug 2012 11:43:48 -0400
>> Dan <elderdanlewis@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>>        Some of us have a use for pre-releases. For example I use it in my
>>> writings about Base. Is it possible to include in the release message
>>> what pre-release version is also the stable version. If we already have
>>> the latest version, we won't have to download the same version and that
>>> is one less download that the mirrors will not have to produce.
>>>        The pre-release I had was 3.4.1-1. I think this is the same as the
>>> stable version, but I am not sure.
>>>
>>> --Dan
>>
>> Look at /Help /About.  The current AOO 3.4.1 release is Rev. 1372282
>

>       I have looked at Help -> About. I see the Rev number. I also see
> the date the build was made. I also see AOO341m1. So far so good. I have
> information about the build date and number that I have installed on my
> computer.

Copy & paste the info here... you can't, can you?

Apologies for being slightly OT: I wonder why it is so difficult for AOO
to fix the 'Help|About' so that we can again copy & paste the product
information (version build etc) info/data on that window?

They've certainly made sure that you can C&P:

<quote>
Copyright © 2012 Apache Software Foundation. All rights reserved.
This product was created by Apache Software Foundation, based on Apache
OpenOffice.
Apache OpenOffice acknowledges all community members, especially those
mentioned at
 http://www.openoffice.org/welcome/credits.html.
</quote>

But can't figure out how to allow the user to C&P the product
information... ala "OpenOffice.org 3.4.1 AOO341...".