From NoOp <>
Subject Re: [Resolved] Re: AOOo 3.4.1 Debian javaldx Issue
Date Sun, 26 Aug 2012 22:37:51 GMT
On 08/26/2012 02:43 AM, Andrea Pescetti wrote:
> NoOp wrote:
>> It appears that an old ~/ profile was causing the issue.
>> Removed that profile, restarted&  AOO.o is now working fine.
> Perfect. Just a note on your error message:
>> $ /opt/openoffice.org3/program/soffice
>> javaldx failed. User must select a JRE from options dialog!The
>> application cannot be started.
>> The component manager is not available.
> The "javaldx failed. User must select a JRE from options dialog!" string
> is independent from the rest of the error message and simply means that
> auto-detect of JRE failed, for whatever reasons; this is just a warning
> and the application starts normally. The real error message is the
> second part of what you pasted.
> Regards,
>    Andrea.

Thanks Andrea. As always, your follow-up/info is much appreciated.

Searching on 'The component manager is not available' gives quite a few
different issues. Example:

[ Component manager is not available. oo* cannot be started]
[openoffice java error]
[OOo won't work: component manager is not available]

Unfortunately I deleted the user profile rather than moving it out of
the way, so I can't help to pin down why the profile caused the problem.
 (I may have a backup of it on another partition - I'll check)

And regarding javaldx:

brings up quite a few reported issues:
[New AOO: I have a big problem!] (this list)
[note the "/user/config/javasettings_Linux_x86.xml" references]

So I think that the javaldx msg is very relevant. If javaldx is broken
can the component manager start?

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message