From NoOp <gl...@sbcglobal.net>
Subject Re: [Resolved] Re: AOOo 3.4.1 Debian javaldx Issue
Date Sun, 26 Aug 2012 22:37:51 GMT
On 08/26/2012 02:43 AM, Andrea Pescetti wrote:
> NoOp wrote:
>> It appears that an old ~/.openoffice.org profile was causing the issue.
>> Removed that profile, restarted&  AOO.o is now working fine.
>
> Perfect. Just a note on your error message:
>
>> $ /opt/openoffice.org3/program/soffice
>> javaldx failed. User must select a JRE from options dialog!The
>> application cannot be started.
>> The component manager is not available.
>
> The "javaldx failed. User must select a JRE from options dialog!" string
> is independent from the rest of the error message and simply means that
> auto-detect of JRE failed, for whatever reasons; this is just a warning
> and the application starts normally. The real error message is the
> second part of what you pasted.
>
> Regards,
>    Andrea.

Thanks Andrea. As always, your follow-up/info is much appreciated.

Searching on 'The component manager is not available' gives quite a few
different issues. Example:

<http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=548721>
[openoffice.org: Component manager is not available. oo* cannot be started]
<https://forums.gentoo.org/viewtopic-t-928028-start-0.html>
[openoffice java error]
<http://user.services.openoffice.org/en/forum/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=36497>
[OOo won't work: component manager is not available]
etc.

Unfortunately I deleted the user profile rather than moving it out of
the way, so I can't help to pin down why the profile caused the problem.
 (I may have a backup of it on another partition - I'll check)

And regarding javaldx:

<https://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=%22javaldx%20failed.%20User%20must%20select%20a%20JRE%20from%20options%20dialog!%22>

brings up quite a few reported issues:
<https://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/incubator-ooo-users/201205.mbox/%3C1336519728.5479.12.camel@danlewis-tower%3E>
[New AOO: I have a big problem!] (this list)
<http://comments.gmane.org/gmane.comp.apache.incubator.ooo.user/1231>
<https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/openoffice.org/+bug/193139>
[note the "/user/config/javasettings_Linux_x86.xml" references]
etc.

So I think that the javaldx msg is very relevant. If javaldx is broken
can the component manager start?

Gary