From Larry Gusaas <larry.gus...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Help! 'Personal settings locked'?
Date Sun, 12 Aug 2012 16:52:48 GMT
See this post on the User Forum
http://user.services.openoffice.org/en/forum/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=38843#p178531

On 2012-08-12 9:01 AM John Logan wrote:
> I have a problem which has occurred this morning.  On trying to open OpenOffice I have
been met with the following text box:

> Either another instance of OpenOffice.org is accessing your personal settings or your
personal settings are locked.  Simultaneous access can lead to inconsistencies in your personal
settings.  Before continuing, you should make sure user 'johnlogan' closes OpenOffice.org
on host 'iPhone.gateway.2wire.net'.

> Do you want to continue?  Yes / No
>
> Needless to say I haven't continued.
>
> What do I need to do to sort this out?  Is there any way of telling if anyone has been
accessing my file?  Can anyone give me a good reason for not changing from OpenOffice which
obviously is not secure, when it should be?

--

Larry I. Gusaas
Moose Jaw, Saskatchewan Canada
Website: http://larry-gusaas.com