From John Logan <loga...@btconnect.com>
Subject Re: Help! 'Personal settings locked'?
Date Sun, 12 Aug 2012 16:41:29 GMT
No nothing to do with phones, I haven't even got a mobile at present!!

On 12 Aug 2012, at 17:10, Steve Ahlers wrote:

> John,
>
> Did you access the file on your iPhone? If so close it on your phone and retry on your
iMac.

> Steve
> Sent from my iPad
>
> On Aug 12, 2012, at 8:44 AM, Rory O'Farrell <ofarrwrk@iol.ie> wrote:
>
>> On Sun, 12 Aug 2012 16:21:40 +0100
>> John Logan <logan-j@btconnect.com> wrote:
>>
>>> I'm on a Mac Lion.
>>> I am totally 'un-technical' so any help will need to be put in basic terms!
>>> Thanks for anything you can do to help!
>>> John

OpenOffice I have been met with the following text box:

settings or your personal settings are locked.  Simultaneous access can lead to inconsistencies
in your personal settings.  Before continuing, you should make sure user 'johnlogan' closes
OpenOffice.org on host 'iPhone.gateway.2wire.net'.

anyone has been accessing my file?  Can anyone give me a good reason for not changing from
OpenOffice which obviously is not secure, when it should be?

>> I'm sorry, I can't help on a Mac, as I have no knowledge of them (I haven't touched
an Apple in 35 years!).
>> If you keep your computer on all the time, now might be the time to power down, count
20 (or say a short prayer!) and restart.