From Nancy Rothwell <nrothwel...@gmail.com>
Subject Software assistance needed
Date Mon, 06 Aug 2012 20:13:44 GMT
Hi.  I have a Mac OS X  version 10.7.4 and I just successfully downloaded OpenOffice thru my
web browser Safari.  (I need to edit a PDF file, that is why I downloaded OpenOffice)).

My problem:  I can't get it to work.  When I attempt to open my PDF file in OpenOffice the
text shows up as gobbledygook!  Not sure what I am doing wrong.  I am not a "techie" so I
need patient hand holding.  I am following a specific How To edit a PDF file (found off internet)
with OpenOffice and here are the steps and my status:

	1.  "After installing OpenOffice run the PDF Import Extension"   not sure I did that right.

	2.  "Next, open OpenOffice Draw"     I could do that OK

	3.  "Once open, browse to the PDF file you want to edit and open the file"  I did this but
the document was gobbledygook.

I basically need to delete sections of my current PDF file, so it should be simple huh?  Any
advice you can give me would be appreciated.  Thanks,   Nancy in Seattle