From suhail ansari <suhaila...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Rewrite AOO in JAVA
Date Mon, 27 Aug 2012 09:48:03 GMT
There are quality desktop apps such as Vuze and Jdowonloader are available
today that shows that it is possible to write great Desktop apps in Java.
Starting with Java 1.7 there is additional support for dynamic languages
such as Python and Facebook working to port PHP in Java (Facebook Moving to
JVM <http://nerds-central.blogspot.in/2012/08/facebook-moving-to-jvm.html>).
I am not saying that entire codebase of AOO should be replaced immediately
but It can be replace slowly as more Java and JVM language based code will
be introduced it will begin replacing legacy C++ code and hopefully AOO 5
or 6 will run entirely on JVM.