From Ennio Sr <nasr.la...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: #VALUE! warning in spreadsheet
Date Sun, 26 Aug 2012 21:11:34 GMT
On Sat, Aug 25, 2012 at 5:43 PM, Andrea Pescetti <pescetti@apache.org> wrote:

> The OpenOffice project is now managed by the Apache Foundation. All mailing
> lists on the old openoffice.org infrastructure have been shut down (after
> several warnings were sent to users).
[...]

Thank you, Andrea, for answering my note. It was a long time I did not
use OO so I have missed past warnings.
As to my '#VALUE!' problem I was able to overcome it patiently using
the BackSpeceDelete key on every (apparent) void cell.

I would rather prefer that warning be fired when an inappropriate
value is typed in a cell more than in the cell containing the formula:
if a cell is formatted to contain a date, it should not be possible to
put a space in it (as it happens in PostgreSQL, for example).

Thanks to all who answered my post and again to Brian Barker, who
kindly wrote to me in private.

Regards,
     ennio

--
[Perche' usare Win$ozz (dico io) se ..."anche uno sciocco sa farlo.   \\?//
 Fa' qualche cosa di cui non sei capace!"  (diceva Henry Miller) ]    (°|°)