From Fernando Cassia <fcas...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: PrintEco - Does it work with OpenOffice/LibreOffice?
Date Fri, 03 Aug 2012 19:00:00 GMT
On Fri, Aug 3, 2012 at 3:20 PM, Michelle Konzack
<linux4michelle@tamay-dogan.net> wrote:
> It is the same as I have written before!  It intercept printer  commands
> because "printing of empty pages" can be un/set in the printer command.

No it is not.

It´s quite handy, actually, and it had a better print preview than
windows´ own, back in the days of WIn95-98, and do all sorts of
post-processing on the print job *before* sending it to printer, ie
removing stuff, printing "odd pages between 2 and 30", etc

Yes, some software does the same job as other software, but you pay
for the ease of use. In other words, just because there´s a LaTex
doesn´t mean there isn´t a market for OpenOffice.

Or, in this case, for Gnome/CUPS to offer the same degree of
fine-tuning and ease of use that Fineprint provides...

FC