From John Logan <loga...@btconnect.com>
Subject Re: Help! 'Personal settings locked'?
Date Sun, 12 Aug 2012 15:21:40 GMT
I'm on a Mac Lion.
I am totally 'un-technical' so any help will need to be put in basic terms!
Thanks for anything you can do to help!
John

On 12 Aug 2012, at 16:12, Rory O'Farrell wrote:

> On Sun, 12 Aug 2012 16:01:18 +0100
> John Logan <logan-j@btconnect.com> wrote:
>
>> I have a problem which has occurred this morning.  On trying to open OpenOffice I
have been met with the following text box:

>> Either another instance of OpenOffice.org is accessing your personal settings or
your personal settings are locked.  Simultaneous access can lead to inconsistencies in your
personal settings.  Before continuing, you should make sure user 'johnlogan' closes OpenOffice.org
on host 'iPhone.gateway.2wire.net'.

>> Do you want to continue?  Yes / No
>>
>> Needless to say I haven't continued.
>>
>> What do I need to do to sort this out?  Is there any way of telling if anyone has
been accessing my file?  Can anyone give me a good reason for not changing from OpenOffice
which obviously is not secure, when it should be?