From "Maurice Howe" <maur...@stny.rr.com>
Subject RE: [ANNOUNCEMENT] Apache OpenOffice 3.4.1 (incubating) released
Date Thu, 23 Aug 2012 22:25:32 GMT
Dan, here is the msg (attached), sent to both you & ooo-users.  Could I be
the only one to get this warning??

Maurice

-----Original Message-----
From: Dan [mailto:elderdanlewis@gmail.com]
Sent: Thursday, August 23, 2012 6:20 PM
To: ooo-users@incubator.apache.org
Cc: Maurice Howe
Subject: Re: [ANNOUNCEMENT] Apache OpenOffice 3.4.1 (incubating) released

      How do you know that the product is unsafe? Did you check the digital
signature, or check either the MD5 or SHA25 test for purity? Was the message
from Microsoft? If so, what process does MS use to determine that a software
program is save or unsafe? How accurate are its findings?
      Perhaps a web search for Apache OpenOffice or its predecessor
OpenOffice.org might reveal that the message you got was wrong.

--Dan