From Dave Fisher <dave2w...@comcast.net>
Subject Re: Scooter's Rant of the month
Date Tue, 14 Aug 2012 15:28:31 GMT

On Aug 12, 2012, at 2:19 PM, Scooter C wrote:

> I'm not impressed with Apache Foundation.

It is The Apache Software Foundation. It is not a publicly held corporation, it is a 501(c)
Delaware Corporation. Please see: http://www.apache.org/foundation/records/

Also, please see the following disclaimer that all Incubating projects must state which is
at the bottom of all pages on www.openoffice.org:

Apache OpenOffice is an effort undergoing incubation at The Apache Software Foundation (ASF),
sponsored by the Apache Incubator. Incubation is required of all newly accepted projects until
a further review indicates that the infrastructure, communications, and decision making process
have stabilized in a manner consistent with other successful ASF projects. While incubation
status is not necessarily a reflection of the completeness or stability of the code, it does
indicate that the project has yet to be fully endorsed by the ASF.

Please realize that no one on this project is paid by The ASF. We are all volunteers as far
as The Foundation is concerned.

You are probably using much more ASF software than you realize, but ...

Regards,
Dave