From Steve Ahlers <sahlers...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Help! 'Personal settings locked'?
Date Sun, 12 Aug 2012 16:10:02 GMT
John,

Did you access the file on your iPhone? If so close it on your phone and retry on your iMac.

Steve
Sent from my iPad

On Aug 12, 2012, at 8:44 AM, Rory O'Farrell <ofarrwrk@iol.ie> wrote:

> On Sun, 12 Aug 2012 16:21:40 +0100
> John Logan <logan-j@btconnect.com> wrote:
>
>> I'm on a Mac Lion.
>> I am totally 'un-technical' so any help will need to be put in basic terms!
>> Thanks for anything you can do to help!
>> John
>>

>> On 12 Aug 2012, at 16:12, Rory O'Farrell wrote:

I have been met with the following text box:

or your personal settings are locked.  Simultaneous access can lead to inconsistencies in
your personal settings.  Before continuing, you should make sure user 'johnlogan' closes OpenOffice.org
on host 'iPhone.gateway.2wire.net'.

has been accessing my file?  Can anyone give me a good reason for not changing from OpenOffice
which obviously is not secure, when it should be?

>>> What is your operating system?
>>>
>>> --
>>> Rory O'Farrell <ofarrwrk@iol.ie>
>>>

> I'm sorry, I can't help on a Mac, as I have no knowledge of them (I haven't touched an
Apple in 35 years!).
> If you keep your computer on all the time, now might be the time to power down, count
20 (or say a short prayer!) and restart.