From tj ...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Macros: from OO_2.0 to OO_3.4
Date Thu, 30 Aug 2012 19:09:22 GMT
On 8/30/2012 13:47, Ennio Sr wrote:
> On Wed, Aug 29, 2012 at 6:57 PM, Ariel Constenla-Haile
> <arielch@apache.org> wrote:
>> Hi Ennio,
>>

>> In this macro, what is shortCuts? Can you post the Basic code or point
>> to a document with the macro included?
>
>> Ariel Constenla-Haile
>> La Plata, Argentina
>
> Further to my message of a few minutes ago...
> I've just discovered that if I:
> 1. open the calc-file
> 2. get the Macros window
> 3. run the Load_KbdCfg -> The 'Customize' window appears
> 4. I choose 'Customize keyboard', then Load AAA-KbdCfg_CC_LibMacros
> at this point I can see that the keys have been associated (not
> ALT+key, but CTRL+key, and CTRL+M gives the correct result: may be I
> was confusing between the old Lotus ALT+ and OO CTRL+).
> Perhaps the _0_show_menu macro points to a different keyboard cfg?
>
> Regards,
>    Ennio

Hi, Ennio,

IIRC, from my own work with 2.x macros, there have been two interface
changes which might be causing problems for you.

First, only macros from My Macros/Standard are loaded automatically. For
macros that live elsewhere, you need to use a statement like:
GlobalScope.BasicLibraries.LoadLibrary( "Tools" ), that is,
GlobalScope.<library name>.LoadLibrary( "<module name>")
so you may need a two-line "kick-off" macro in My Macros/Standard.

Second, the names of the triggering events changed slightly. You might
check the assignment of your starting macro (I assume here that you're
using "Document Open" for all Calc docs), in case the change bit you.

The Alt key was not available through the GUI prior to about 3.2.
Whether it was useable through a script, I don't remember; but I suggest
that a "Control+" assignment was more probable.

If you fix the access problem with the tinyurl (see Ariel's previous
post), I too will be looking at the problem, and the code.

HTH,
/tj/