From Andrea Pescetti <pesce...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Problems with the AOO 3.4.0 and Ubuntu 12.04.
Date Fri, 24 Aug 2012 21:50:39 GMT
Eduardo Alexandre wrote:
> I have Ubuntu 12.04. ...
> Once installed, I click the icon of the application and not running AOO.
> When running manually, I get the following error:
> . / swriter
> . / soffice: 84:. / soffice: /
> opt/openoffice.org3/program/../basis-link/program/pagein: not found
> . / soffice: 1:. / soffice: /
> opt/openoffice.org3/program/../basis-link/ure-link/bin/javaldx: not found
> . / soffice: 120:. / soffice: / opt/openoffice.org3/program/soffice.bin:
> not found
> There is some incompatibility between the AOO 3.4.0 and Ubuntu 12.04?

No incompatibility. But this happens when you install the wrong version
(say, a 64-bit version on a 32-bit system).

Run "uname -a" to check if you should use 32-bit packages or 64-bit
(x86_64) packages.

Then download the right version from
http://www.openoffice.org/download/other.html

You will have to remove all installed OpenOffice packages before
reinstalling.

This is a rare problem but it has already been reported, so if you could
keep track of the precise steps and post them here it could be helpful
to others.

Regards,
   Andrea.