From Dan <elderdanle...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: ATTENTION ROB [Recent 3.4.1 release]
Date Fri, 24 Aug 2012 18:59:14 GMT
Rory O'Farrell wrote:
> On Fri, 24 Aug 2012 11:43:48 -0400
> Dan <elderdanlewis@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>>        Some of us have a use for pre-releases. For example I use it in my
>> writings about Base. Is it possible to include in the release message
>> what pre-release version is also the stable version. If we already have
>> the latest version, we won't have to download the same version and that
>> is one less download that the mirrors will not have to produce.
>>        The pre-release I had was 3.4.1-1. I think this is the same as the
>> stable version, but I am not sure.
>>
>> --Dan
>
> Look at /Help /About.  The current AOO 3.4.1 release is Rev. 1372282

      I have looked at Help -> About. I see the Rev number. I also see
the date the build was made. I also see AOO341m1. So far so good. I have
information about the build date and number that I have installed on my
computer.
      But where is any of this data mentioned on the release
announcement? I don't remember seeing it. This is the request: have
something on the release announcements that I can use to match against
the information I have in Help -> About.

--Dan