From Scooter C <scoo...@scootersdesk.com>
Subject Re: Quickstarter: was Re: [ANNOUNCEMENT] Apache OpenOffice 3.4.1 (incubating) released
Date Fri, 24 Aug 2012 14:36:59 GMT
Good Morning  Group,

It would seem that most of what was good about OOo was thrown out when
Apache Software Foundation (ASF) took over its reissue as an
"incubating" project.

I went through this Quickststarter bit when I erroneously installed the
RC version and so I had no problem with the actual 3.4.1 Update.
However, I had to download the update because the update inside the
program didn't work. Hopefully this has has been corrected in the real
Update.

Hope, is all I have for AOO, because it looks like its going to be a
long journey to a smooth operating program, like I did with the original
OOo, but then it was new (a child) and bumps were expected.
So far, in my opinion, AOO is "brain damaged" on its way to adulthood,
again.
I don't know ASF so my faith is tenuous. Volunteer organizations are
greatly appreciated, but are also well known for lengthy learning curves
and long times in making community decisions.

I've read all I could find at the website, on ASF's procedures, but
garnered little actual "to the point" information about how a program
gets from incubation (kindergarden) to highschool. There is no
step-by-step chart of this procedure, unless I was looking in the wrong
places. Teachers often forget that students don't have the basic tools
to learn a new technique or lesson. I'm a new student of ASF.

Take Care.
Scooter
College Park, MD USA