From imacat <ima...@mail.imacat.idv.tw>
Subject Re: Stop-Motion Calc
Date Wed, 22 Aug 2012 08:10:40 GMT
On 2012/08/22 07:28, Dan saID:
> Guenter Marxen wrote:
>> Hello imacat,

>>>      Could you please stop this, will you?  I'm only asking for kindness
>>> on this list.  This very same mail got positive responses on ooo-dev and
>>> our local lists.  Your opinion is proven incorrect and does not help.
>>
>> please don't be too angry with elder people like Dan Lewis
>> (elderdanlewis@gmail.com).
>>
>> Not having this name but beeing elder, I like your video and think, that
>> younger people will be more attracted by your video than by most of
>> serious "advertising" mails. And this is good for AOO!
>>
>      But I'm not angry, and please don't see it as such. Mine were just
> comments of why he may have gotten the reception he did. And older
> people have gotten angry based upon what they see. I suppose younger
> people have also misinterpreted what an older person has said. I was
> asking him to consider how others might interpret what he had done. What
> he intended was not how others seem to have seen it.

    Thank you, Guenter and Dan.  And I do not think Dan was angry, too.
 I'm just tired to be patiently explaining trivial things, like the
rules of YouTube, if that blocks communication.

    And it's "she", not "he".

    Also I may not be as young as you might think, although I guess Dan
is a little elder than me.

    To the point of communication:  Actually, its my experience all
these years to be short and terse.  From my past experience short and
terse mails get read more effectively.  But this is not a standard in
nature.  Human communication is complicated.  Everyone has her/his own
mind, and I sometimes still get into trouble.

    So, what I asked is a little kindness and patience, but not focusing
on what I had done wrong.  I'm not expecting everyone to like my work.
It's fine if you do not like it.  But I was not expecting to be treated
as a scam twice by a same single person, and then another is analyzing
my mistake as if it looks like a scam by nature, but not by a same
single person.

    I cannot control what a single person may think, though.  It's just
a single person who started this, and this still frustrated me.