From TJ Frazier <tjfraz...@cfl.rr.com>
Subject Re: Help us brainstorm ideas for Apache OpenOffice 4.0
Date Tue, 21 Aug 2012 22:37:01 GMT
On 8/21/2012 18:16, Rory O'Farrell wrote:
> On Tue, 21 Aug 2012 18:12:45 -0400
> tj <tj@apache.org> wrote:
>
>> Folks,
>>
>> Gently, now. From the number of complaints like this, I suspect we may
>> have a "black hole" problem, or more than one, of which we are unaware.
>> Consider the possibilities:
>>
>> Request to unsubscribe -- Apache never got it.
>> Confirmation -- never sent.
>> Confirmation -- bounced.
>> Confirmation -- never received by user.
>>
>> All of these look the same to the users: a black hole has swallowed the
>> request.
>>
>> A couple of these should be easy to check out by someone with admin
>> access to ezmlm. % of confirmations bouncing? % never answered by user?
>> Requests in vs. confirms out? Most likely, the problem isn't really
>> ours, but we might be able to help pinpoint it.
>>
>> /tj/
>>
>> On 8/21/2012 15:23, J├╝rgen Schmidt wrote:
>>>
>>> YOU CAN DO IT ON YOUR OWN, THE ONLY THING YOU HAVE TO DO IS TO SEND AN
>>> EMAIL TO
>>>
>>> ooo-users-unsubscibre@incubator.apache.org
>>>
>>> THIS INFORMATION IS ALSO AVAILABLE IN THE FOOTER
>>>

>>> THANKS FOR YOUR INTEREST

not understand and have no interest in.  I have asked to be unsubscribed but nothing has happened.
 Can you please ensure I am deleted from any personal list of yours I may have inadvertently
got onto.

> I incline to the view that we should have some sort of intelligence test before subscr

That would undoubtedly help. OTOH, even the lamest user complaints can
show where we have room to improve. Consider the most common: the user
didn't RTFM. Why not? Couldn't find it (bad advertising). Couldn't find
the info (bad indexing / TOC). Too confusing (bad writing). Too lazy
(okay, the intelligence test should include a motivation test, too!).

/tj/
PS: When are we going to get together about porting AOO to CP/M, in Z80
assembly language? We'll give Control-K WordStar a run for its money. :-)