From tj ...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Help us brainstorm ideas for Apache OpenOffice 4.0
Date Tue, 21 Aug 2012 22:12:45 GMT
Folks,

Gently, now. From the number of complaints like this, I suspect we may
have a "black hole" problem, or more than one, of which we are unaware.
Consider the possibilities:

Request to unsubscribe -- Apache never got it.
Confirmation -- never sent.
Confirmation -- bounced.
Confirmation -- never received by user.

All of these look the same to the users: a black hole has swallowed the
request.

A couple of these should be easy to check out by someone with admin
access to ezmlm. % of confirmations bouncing? % never answered by user?
Requests in vs. confirms out? Most likely, the problem isn't really
ours, but we might be able to help pinpoint it.

/tj/

On 8/21/2012 15:23, J├╝rgen Schmidt wrote:

> YOU CAN DO IT ON YOUR OWN, THE ONLY THING YOU HAVE TO DO IS TO SEND AN
> EMAIL TO
>
> ooo-users-unsubscibre@incubator.apache.org
>
> THIS INFORMATION IS ALSO AVAILABLE IN THE FOOTER
>

> THANKS FOR YOUR INTEREST
>

> On 8/21/12 8:50 PM, John Logan wrote:
>> I cannot cope with all the correspondence on this site about things I do not understand
and have no interest in.  I have asked to be unsubscribed but nothing has happened.  Can you
please ensure I am deleted from any personal list of yours I may have inadvertently got onto.