From imacat <ima...@mail.imacat.idv.tw>
Subject Re: Stop-Motion Calc
Date Tue, 21 Aug 2012 20:11:37 GMT
On 2012/08/22 03:39, Dan said:
> imacat wrote:

>>> I would, I did.
>>>
>>> <https://people.apache.org/~imacat/>
>>> <http://www.imacat.idv.tw/tech/>
>>>
>>> On the other hand; the advertising of your commercial .org websites in
>>> all of your replies could/should very well be considered spam on this
>>> list...
>>
>>      Thank you~ ^_*'  Trying to create cool things to promote OpenOffice
>> and getting such feedback is really frustrating. ^^;
>
>        Things like this can be frustrating. Perhaps your first email
> should have contained much more information. Your introduction is very
> close to what too often appears in spam emails that many of us have
> seen. I don't know, but I doubt that very many of the people of this
> list knows what COSCUP 2012 is or what it does. (Some of us may be too
> lazy to look it up.) This means that most would not know what this has
> to do with Calc which is a spreadsheet application.
>      Spam has taught people to be suspicious when they see something
> new. So they reacted negative to your emails.

    Could you please stop this, will you?  I'm only asking for kindness
on this list.  This very same mail got positive responses on ooo-dev and
our local lists.  Your opinion is proven incorrect and does not help.

    I may not be active on the ooo-users list, so you may see me as a
new-comer.  But hey, is that how you treat new-comers?

>      I did view the small video. Interesting? yes. Useful? I don't know.
> I'm not sure what purpose it serves. Others may find some purposes, I
> don't know about that either. Will something like this promote AOO? That
> is the important question. What age group would more likely go for this?

    I do not have an idea about that.  If I do I would be a
sales/marketing expert, but not a developer.  I only tried what I can do
to create cool things when there is a chance, and this time it did
caught the eyes of the audience in the conference, and fill-up the room
of my OpenOffice 3.4 introduction speech in the next day.

    But, sorry to waste your time watching.