From Dan <elderdanle...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Stop-Motion Calc
Date Tue, 21 Aug 2012 19:39:35 GMT
imacat wrote:
> On 2012/08/21 09:20, NoOp said:
>> On 08/18/2012 07:05 PM, Dale Erwin wrote:
>>> This looks like a scam to me.  I certainly wouldn't click on any of
>>> those links.
>>>
>>> Dale Erwin
>>> Av. 28 de Julio 657, Dpto. 03
>>> Magdalena del Mar, Lima 17, PERU
>>>
>>> http://[snip commercial advertisement].org
>>> http://[snip commercial advertisement].org
>>
>> I would, I did.
>>
>> <https://people.apache.org/~imacat/>
>> <http://www.imacat.idv.tw/tech/>
>>
>> On the other hand; the advertising of your commercial .org websites in
>> all of your replies could/should very well be considered spam on this
>> list...
>
>      Thank you~ ^_*'  Trying to create cool things to promote OpenOffice
> and getting such feedback is really frustrating. ^^;

        Things like this can be frustrating. Perhaps your first email
should have contained much more information. Your introduction is very
close to what too often appears in spam emails that many of us have
seen. I don't know, but I doubt that very many of the people of this
list knows what COSCUP 2012 is or what it does. (Some of us may be too
lazy to look it up.) This means that most would not know what this has
to do with Calc which is a spreadsheet application.
      Spam has taught people to be suspicious when they see something
new. So they reacted negative to your emails.
      I did view the small video. Interesting? yes. Useful? I don't
know. I'm not sure what purpose it serves. Others may find some
purposes, I don't know about that either. Will something like this
promote AOO? That is the important question. What age group would more
likely go for this?

--Dan