From Dan <elderdanle...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: BASE error: example Fuel Economy
Date Wed, 15 Aug 2012 18:33:22 GMT
JSz. wrote:
> I was reading "Getting Started with Base" manual:
>
>   -- which I found
> very good -- as well as making examples, but I met a problem.
> http://www.openoffice.org/documentation/manuals/userguide3/0108GS3-GettingStartedWithBase.pdf
>
> After having built the "Fuel Economy" query I run it and an error
> occured, as in the attached picture.
>
> I use Windows 7 with:
> OpeOffice 3.3.0 or LibreOffice 3.5.5.3
> java Sun Microsystems 1.6.0_25
>
> I also attach the base.
>
> Please help.
>
> Jacek Szymona

      OK, I see the problem: the column
"EndReading"."Odometer" - "Fuel"."Odometer". In the Criterion row, "=>0"
(without the quotes) was used. The order should have been reversed.
Change this to >= 0 instead.
      In working with this a little, I noticed another "error". To
correct it, make another change:
The cells of the first Odometer column should have Odometer, Begin,
Fuel, (Blank), and a checked box in this order from top to bottom. The
cells of the second Odometer column should have Odometer, End,
EndingReading, (Blank), and a checked box. These two Odometer fields had
been assigned to the wrong thing in the Table row.
      Thanks for helping me catch my errors.

--Dan