From Dale Erwin <>
Subject Re: Scooter's Rant of the month
Date Tue, 14 Aug 2012 19:39:14 GMT
I have heard it said that there is no such thing as bug-free software.

Dale Erwin
Av. 28 de Julio 657, Dpto. 03
Magdalena del Mar, Lima 17, PERU

On 8/14/2012 2:15 PM, Rob Weir wrote:
> On Tue, Aug 14, 2012 at 11:28 AM, Dave Fisher <> wrote:
>> On Aug 12, 2012, at 2:19 PM, Scooter C wrote:
>>> I'm not impressed with Apache Foundation.
>> It is The Apache Software Foundation. It is not a publicly held corporation, it is
a 501(c) Delaware Corporation. Please see:
>> Also, please see the following disclaimer that all Incubating projects must state
which is at the bottom of all pages on
>> Apache OpenOffice is an effort undergoing incubation at The Apache Software Foundation
(ASF), sponsored by the Apache Incubator. Incubation is required of all newly accepted projects
until a further review indicates that the infrastructure, communications, and decision making
process    have stabilized in a manner consistent with other successful ASF projects. While
incubation status is not necessarily a reflection of the completeness or stability of the
code, it does indicate that the project has yet to be fully endorsed by the ASF.
> Non sequitur.  TLP projects at Apache also have bugs in their
> pre-release software, and even in their released software.
> -Rob
>> Please realize that no one on this project is paid by The ASF. We are all volunteers
as far as The Foundation is concerned.
>> You are probably using much more ASF software than you realize, but ...
>> Regards,
>> Dave

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail: