From Hagar Delest <hagar.del...@laposte.net>
Subject Re: Scooter's Rant of the month
Date Mon, 13 Aug 2012 19:14:10 GMT
Now that Thunderbird has stopped its development, perhaps we will have a fix someday for the
bug about the multiple header. It will be easier then to spot non subscribed users. For the
moment, a mere Ctrl+U when there is a high suspicion of non-subscribed sender will do, the
volume of this list is not that heavy...

If there is no consensus, then things should remain as they are. Rejected emails will only
increase the user frustration. This is bad publicity that we won't even notice. So better
be able to monitor all those new users cases, it can help improve UX.

As for the rant, the forum has also seen a flood of posts about dictionary and thesaurus,
together with startup problem. Sounds perhaps silly and small time issue for accustomed users
but a real pain for new users. but well, this was the first release with Apache, I guess it
will help improve the QA checks before a release.

Bottom line is: we should take care of the new users, by listening to their complaints (even
through non-subscribed mails) and by avoiding the small glitches that can be viewed as show
stopper by new users (because those problems should be basics that should not lead time loss
trying to fix them).
And since Scooter is not really a new user, it also means that users can be very quickly fed
up with that too...

Hagar