From Mike Scott <m...@scottsonline.org.uk>
Subject Re: Scooter's Rant of the month
Date Mon, 13 Aug 2012 12:54:21 GMT
On 13/08/12 13:32, Ariel Constenla-Haile wrote:
> On Mon, Aug 13, 2012 at 07:08:32AM -0500, Caesar wrote:
>> On Sun, 12 Aug 2012 17:19:25 -0400, Scooter C
>> <scooter@scootersdesk.com> wrote Re Scooter's Rant of the month:
>>
>>> I'm not impressed with Apache Foundation.
>>
>> +1 on that.
>>
>> As an example to support that impression, note the operation of this
>> list server; e.g. people who are not members are allowed to post
>> questions, but since they are not members they cannot see the answers
>> to their questions.
>
> There was a thread about rejecting those mails, there was even
> a "Moderation Rejection Experiment"
> http://markmail.org/thread/ukrbtqysmejax5q6 but I don't recall in what
> ended all these things. May be the list moderators can tell.

I think that thread postdates the start of the 'apache era'.

I recall in the OOo days there were over-frequent discussions about
disallowing non-member postings. But arguments were put both ways, no
consensus could ever be reached, and by default the status quo persisted
- to allow unrestricted posting.

--
Mike Scott
Harlow, Essex, England