From Andrea Pescetti <pesce...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Yes. You can do this with OpenOffice. (MysteryGuitarMan video with OpenOffice Mac)
Date Fri, 10 Aug 2012 07:18:48 GMT
(answering below so that Paolo gets all context; he is not subscribed so
CC him if relevant)

On 10/08/2012 Rob Weir wrote:
> If you don't know this guy's work you should really check it out.  He
> has over 2 million YouTube subscribers.  It is hard to describe, but
> I'd say it is 1/3 one-man band, 1/3 stop motion animation, 1/3 green
> screen work.  And 100% fun.
>
> https://www.youtube.com/user/MysteryGuitarMan
>
> His latest video is called "Stop-Motion Excel".  But if you look
> closely you see that he is actually using OpenOffice for the Mac:
>
> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fq9EV2fYF2E
>
> And here is the "behind the scenes" video that explains how he did it:
>
> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6PCTinsZ7dM
>
> This is a fun video and good for showing friends and family what you
> are working on.  Let's try to get the world out, via the social
> networking site, both project's and personal.   And if you want to add
> a comment to the YouTube post pointing out that this is OpenOffice and
> it can be downloaded for free from www.openoffice.org, then great!
> This is a good way to introduce the product to more users.
>
> Bonus points for adapting an old ASCII Art algorithm to generate a
> spreadsheet from a photo.  If anyone can do that I'll interview them
> for a blog post and show of their work.
>
> Regards,
>
> -Rob

Paolo Mantovani, an expert of OpenOffice macros and an OpenOffice.org
Conference speaker, published his "Macro and Rock&Roll" series back in
2008. See for example
http://ooomacros.blogspot.it/2008/12/macro-e-rock-3_14.html
and the embedded AC/DC video there. It looks like he might be the man
you are looking for.

Regards,
   Andrea.