From Dale Erwin <d...@casaerwin.org>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Spell checker underlining
Date Tue, 07 Aug 2012 21:45:24 GMT
On 8/7/2012 8:43 AM, Gerrit Sch√ľnemann wrote:
> Hi,
> Whilst writing a text today, making a lot of typos, I realized that an
> update for the underlining functionality would be a good idea:
>
> It would be a nice feature if the misspelled word wasn't just
> underlined, but the difference to the nearest word from the dictionary
> was marked (maybe different colour underlining or different style).
>
> What is the general thought on that?

I would like sometimes to be able to turn off even the underlining.  I
do a lot of work using more than one language in the same text.  So far,
I've not been able to find a way to handle that with the current
spell-checking function.

I do like the spell-checking function.  I find it a real help, but I
feel that the underlining is sufficient for me to see my errors... in
most instances.  I write many documents in English concerning the
Neapolitan language.  When a page has from 1/3 to 2/3 of all the words
underlined, with maybe only one or two words that are actually
misspelled, it doesn't help much.

Is it possible to turn this off but only for certain documents?

--
Dale Erwin
Lurigancho, Lima 15 PERU

http://leather.casaerwin.org