From Dan <elderdanle...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: sound
Date Tue, 07 Aug 2012 02:22:36 GMT
Alyce LeRoy wrote:
> I am using Windows XP.  I have tried everything that was on the forum.  Checking the
> loop till next sound is not an option because it is not highlighted and I can't use it.
> Could you tell me what this means "not a sound file" in open office, that is what I get
> when I insert a song that I have downloaded.  It plays for the first slide and then
> stops.  I would like to show the kids how to do this but I have to learn first.  Could
> you tell me if it a bug in the program or am I not doing it right.  Any help would be
> appreciated.

      Are you using AOO 3.4.0 or OOo 3.3 or earlier version? This might make a difference,

but I don't know.
      What I do to play a sound throughout the presentation:
1. In the Slide pane, I click the first slide to select it.
2. In the Task pane, I click Slide Transition to open this task.
3. Click the Sound drop down list labeled "No Sound" to open a list.
4. Click "Other sound" from this list.
5. I browse to the sound file. (Mine was a mp3 file.) The Sound list now shows the name
    of the sound file. As soon as I select the sound file, the "loop till next sound"
    becomes available as soon as the song is selected.
6. I check that box.
7. I run the presentation by using the F5 or F9 key.
8. The Esc key will stop it.

--Dan