From Josef Latt <Josef.L...@gmx.net>
Subject Re: Opening of password protected files failes
Date Sun, 05 Aug 2012 17:45:50 GMT
Hi,

Am 05.08.2012 18:50, schrieb Rory O'Farrell:
> On Sun, 5 Aug 2012 12:30:44 -0300
> Ariel Constenla-Haile <arielch@apache.org> wrote:
>
>> Hi Rory, all,

>>> Using AOO 3.4.1 (1359641) on Ubuntu 11:10 (32 bit) document saves and reopens
with password.  I have no previously passworded files to try.

>> Just to be clear, so that nobody wastes her/his time testing with
>> previous versions, tests must be done on the latest build AOO 3.4.1
>> r1369110 (this build has some changes related to password protected
>> files, changes that should be tested; testing in previous versions is
>> pointless).
>
> OK, I have now installed r1369110 on Ubuntu 11.10 (32 bit), using en-GB language pack
and rerun my two previous tests.

> Printing of the Klarinettenblatt.odt file was good.  All four pages printed.  I then
re-saved the file using a password; it reopened correctly when the password was supplied.
 I was able then to re-save the file without a password (which I remember had been giving
problems is some earlier version) and it opened the file without needing a password.  I find
no problems as reported with printing or opening with password.

I made a parallel installation
(http://wiki.services.openoffice.org/wiki/Run_OOo_versions_parallel)
with a new user directory. The printing issue still exists.

The problem 'opening a file with password' concerns older passworded
documents. AOO opens them, whereas AOO3.4.1 RC2 doesn't. You saved the
file with password originally with r1369110. That's not the same thing.

BS: Ubuntu 12.04. 64 bit

Regards