From Reizinger Zoltán <zreizin...@hdsnet.hu>
Subject Re: Connecting to a database
Date Fri, 03 Aug 2012 14:08:07 GMT
2012.08.03. 15:46 keltezéssel, Dan írta:
>      I have a database located at
> ~/.openoffice.org/3/user/database/budget-personal/ that extracted from
> an embedded Base database. I want to use Base to connect to this
> database. I know that the Datasource URL is hsqldb:file:/home/<user
> name>/.openoffice.org/3/user/database/budget-personal/. But what do I
> enter as the JDBC Class? Should there be something entered in Tools >
> Openoffice.org > Java > Class Path? Is so what?
>      I want to be able to connect to the database files using hsqldb
> 1.8. I can do this if I use hsqldb 2.2.8. How do I do this using Base?
Hi Dan,
You can not use simultanousely hsqldb 1.8 and 2.2.x version.
You can add only one hsqldb.jar to the classpath, first remove 2.2.8
version, restart AOO, add 1.8.
 From AOO add built in hsqldb 1.8 to classes under win7: from c:\Program
Files\OpenOffice.org 3\Basis\program\classes\
or under linux from /opt/openoffice.org/basis3.4/program/classes/
The driver class is same for the both hsqldb version.
If you connected to this file with 2.2.8 version, you can get error
message, it creted in newer version.
Zoltan