From Martin Groenescheij <Mar...@Groenescheij.COM>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS][CALC] String content to numeric value
Date Wed, 01 Aug 2012 14:05:03 GMT

On 28/07/2012 10:13 PM, Andreas S├Ąger wrote:
> Things become weird in multi-lingual sheets
> because the input rules differ from cell to
> cell. IMHO, the interpretation of input strings
> should always follow the globally set locale
> regardless of the current cell formatting.
> Formula literals behave that way, constant cells
> do not.

Globally set locale is nice when I copy data from
a webpage with the same locale, but most of the
time that isn't the case.
At the moment Calc allows to select the following
options for the Column Type :
  - Standard
  - Text
  - Date (DMY)
  - Date (MDY)
  - Date (YMD)
  - US English
  - Hide

Why can't we extend this to set the format for the
column?
Or better implement a CSV editor like this one:
http://csved.sjfrancke.nl/