From Rory O'Farrell <ofarr...@iol.ie>
Subject Re: Help us brainstorm ideas for Apache OpenOffice 4.0
Date Tue, 21 Aug 2012 22:16:29 GMT
On Tue, 21 Aug 2012 18:12:45 -0400
tj <tj@apache.org> wrote:

> Folks,
>
> Gently, now. From the number of complaints like this, I suspect we may
> have a "black hole" problem, or more than one, of which we are unaware.
> Consider the possibilities:
>
> Request to unsubscribe -- Apache never got it.
> Confirmation -- never sent.
> Confirmation -- bounced.
> Confirmation -- never received by user.
>
> All of these look the same to the users: a black hole has swallowed the
> request.
>
> A couple of these should be easy to check out by someone with admin
> access to ezmlm. % of confirmations bouncing? % never answered by user?
> Requests in vs. confirms out? Most likely, the problem isn't really
> ours, but we might be able to help pinpoint it.
>
> /tj/
>
> On 8/21/2012 15:23, J├╝rgen Schmidt wrote:
> >
> > YOU CAN DO IT ON YOUR OWN, THE ONLY THING YOU HAVE TO DO IS TO SEND AN
> > EMAIL TO
> >
> > ooo-users-unsubscibre@incubator.apache.org
> >
> > THIS INFORMATION IS ALSO AVAILABLE IN THE FOOTER
> >

> > THANKS FOR YOUR INTEREST
> >

> > On 8/21/12 8:50 PM, John Logan wrote:
> >> I cannot cope with all the correspondence on this site about things I do not
understand and have no interest in.  I have asked to be unsubscribed but nothing has happened.
 Can you please ensure I am deleted from any personal list of yours I may have inadvertently
got onto.

> >> Thanks,
> >> John

I incline to the view that we should have some sort of intelligence test before subscr
--
Rory O'Farrell <ofarrwrk@iol.ie>