From Rory O'Farrell <ofarr...@iol.ie>
Subject Re: Help! 'Personal settings locked'?
Date Sun, 12 Aug 2012 15:44:20 GMT
On Sun, 12 Aug 2012 16:21:40 +0100
John Logan <logan-j@btconnect.com> wrote:

> I'm on a Mac Lion.
> I am totally 'un-technical' so any help will need to be put in basic terms!
> Thanks for anything you can do to help!
> John
>

> On 12 Aug 2012, at 16:12, Rory O'Farrell wrote:
>
> > On Sun, 12 Aug 2012 16:01:18 +0100
> > John Logan <logan-j@btconnect.com> wrote:
> >
> >> I have a problem which has occurred this morning.  On trying to open OpenOffice
I have been met with the following text box:

> >> Either another instance of OpenOffice.org is accessing your personal settings
or your personal settings are locked.  Simultaneous access can lead to inconsistencies in
your personal settings.  Before continuing, you should make sure user 'johnlogan' closes OpenOffice.org
on host 'iPhone.gateway.2wire.net'.

> >> Do you want to continue?  Yes / No
> >>
> >> Needless to say I haven't continued.
> >>
> >> What do I need to do to sort this out?  Is there any way of telling if anyone
has been accessing my file?  Can anyone give me a good reason for not changing from OpenOffice
which obviously is not secure, when it should be?

> >> As I can't access any file on my computer - HELP!!
> >>
> >> John Logan
> >
> > What is your operating system?
> >
> > --
> > Rory O'Farrell <ofarrwrk@iol.ie>

I'm sorry, I can't help on a Mac, as I have no knowledge of them (I haven't touched an Apple
in 35 years!).
If you keep your computer on all the time, now might be the time to power down, count 20 (or
say a short prayer!) and restart.

--
Rory O'Farrell <ofarrwrk@iol.ie>